It is very easy to add a panic button to your security app and Falcon installation.
These instructions are applicable for all Paradox, IDS, Texecom, DSC, Risco, and Orisec alarm panels linked to a Falcon Communicator.
- Program one of the zones on the alarm panel to be a Panic Zone. You can program it as an Audible or Silent Panic zone depending on your preference.
- Program the wiring type of the Panic zone on the alarm panel as Normally Open.
- Configure the Falcon's relay Output 1 to Pulse when activated. (Output 1 is configured to pulse by default).
- Connect a wire from the common terminal of Relay Output 1 on the Falcon, labelled as C1, to the Common terminal of a Panic Zone on the alarm panel.
- Connect another wire from the Normally Open terminal of Relay Output 1 of the Falcon, labelled NO1, to the Panic Zone of the alarm panel.
- When Relay Output 1 on the Falcon gets activated by the phone app, it will activate the Panic zone on the alarm panel which in turn will force the alarm panel to trigger a Panic event and send a Panic signal to the Control Room.
- Inside the app, navigate to the controls tab. then tap on the three dots next to an output.
- Tap on the panic setting and then select which partition the panic is wired to.
- Tap apply and the output will be set as a panic trigger.
To configure output 2 as the panic button Follow steps 3 - 9 using output 2 instead of output 1.